NTGPE manages the accreditation, professional development and support of GP supervisors in the NT.
- Training and professional development
NTGPE will provide access to GP supervisor orientation and training.
- Ongoing professional development workshops delivered during mobile office visits to the NT’s main regions – two in each location per calendar year.
- Access to and support from the NTGPE supervisor and practice accreditation team.
There is a dedicated position within NTGPE called the supervisor and practice accreditation coordinator who can answer your questions regarding supervision and practice accreditation and professional development via email@example.com
- Supervisor liaison officers
Supervisor liaison officers (SLOs) are accredited GP supervisors who are employed by NTGPE to act as the conduit between GP supervisors and NTGPE.
- NTGPE supervisor advisory committee
NTGPE has a supervisor advisory committee, which is made up of GP supervisors representing different regions in the NT. The committee's role is to provide representation from the GP supervisor group to engage in direct communication and provide feedback, suggestions and advice to NTGPE and meets three to four times a year.
Contact the supervisor and practice accreditation coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the above SLOs to be put in touch with your regional representative.
- Peak Body Support
General Practice Supervisors Association (GPSA) is the peak body for GP supervisors nationally and offers education and support for GP supervisors. NTGPE encourages all GP supervisors to become a member of GPSA through www.gpsa.org.au (membership is free).